Hi everyone it’s Brittany. I am the official Pinterest manager and strategist for Kait Studio. Since Kait is known for creating a-mazing websites for businesses I knew I had to hop on here and encourage her e-commerce business clients to expand their marketing reach.
As you all know marketing platforms are forever changing. One thing I have noticed is the lack of product based businesses taking advantage of the Pinterest platform. As of July they are now allowing businesses to apply for merchant verification. While you don’t need to do this to be successful, it can only help your business’s exposure.
Now for the 5 reasons you should be on Pinterest:
- Free To Join: Yup! You don’t need to pay or subscribe; it’s totally free to sign up and apply for the program. You can then gain increased exposure equal to brands like Pottery Barn, Target and more.
- Conversion Analytics: You will gain access to an analytic dashboard that will show you the pinner’s actions such as page view, add to cart and checkout. This information will also reflect the top converting pins!
- Product Pins/Shop Tab: If you use Shopify then you can easily connect your shop to Pinterest so that your entire catalog uploads as product pins.
- Show Up In Related Pins: When pinners search pins your products will be populated in the related pins feed which increases your chances of a click through.
- Exclusive badge (blue checkmark): This shows to potential customers that you’re vetted by Pinterest as being a reliable shop to do business with. Every shop has to be checked against Pinterest’s community guidelines before acceptance.
So what are you waiting for? If you are on Pinterest now is the time to kick it up a notch. If not feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about your Pinterest strategy.